Useful thoughts to ponder upon by Kevin Kelly
With a plethora of experiences, on his 70th birthday, Kevin Kelly gave out 103 bits of advice for everyone to ponder over.
Below are 10 that left me galvanized:
1. For a great payoff be especially curious about the things you are not interested in.
2. When negotiating, don’t aim for a bigger piece of the pie; aim to create a bigger pie.
3. Habit is far more dependable than inspiration. Make progress by making habits. Don’t focus on getting into shape. Focus on becoming the kind of person who never misses a workout.
4. Take note if you find yourself wondering “Where is my good knife? Or where is my good pen?” That means you have bad ones. Get rid of those.
5. Don’t believe everything you think you believe.
6. Average returns sustained over an above-average period of time yield extraordinary results. Buy and hold.
7. Your best job will be one that you were unqualified for because it stretches you. In fact, only apply to jobs you are unqualified for.
8. You will be judged on how well you treat those who can do nothing for you.
9. 90% of everything is crap. If you think you don’t like opera, romance novels, TikTok, country music, vegan food, NFTs, keep trying to see if you can find the 10% that is not crap.
10. Don’t wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain.
Put down ones that you find interesting from the read in comments.
Link for the full article - https://kk.org/thetechnium/103-bits-of-advice-i-wish-i-had-known/