The fortnight thus far
Issue #100 | Reports & resources we loved in the last 15 days.
May 02, 2023
Un’jargon’ed : Gross Value in Business
We know you have been coming to us over the years as your eyes and ears in the world of business. So we made something for you guys, with every fortnight, we take demystifying one step further.
We launch our video series, UN’JARGON’ED, where we take a single metric and give you an insider take on it.
In this video, Prachi Rajgarhia answers questions like:
1. What really are GMV or GTV or GBV?
2. When do you use what metric?
3. Is this the right metric for your business?
4. How can you draw an actionable insight?
2 x Things that will affect you
1. India’s economy to grow around 6.5% in FY23
[ Economic Times > Read: Ethics over "growth at all costs" (prequateadvisory.com) ]
2. Understanding de-dollarisation and BRICS’ role in it
4 x 1-min perspectives to consider
1. Ethics over “growth at all costs
2. The Nexus between Govt and Tobacco giants
3. Accountability should be system driven, not just at the CXO level.
4. Models that can prepare you for impact
4 x Reports you need to read
1. The Sustainability Imperative in Emerging Markets
From China to the United Arab Emirates to Brazil, companies are finding that mere pledges to go green and be socially responsible are not enough. Recent research also indicated a strong correlation between emerging market companies’ scores in ESG indexes as well as key financial and valuation metrics. The question remains how can all companies integrate ESG principles in their business practices?
[ BCG > Full report here:
2. India’s Tech SMEs: Rising in the Global Digital Arena
Tech SMEs in India contribute 7-9% to the technology industry, with roughly 90% in the micro and small categories. With focus on cloud migration, SaaS, digital engineering, and advanced analytics and AI-based solutions, digital SMEs have grown 4x since FY19. This report covers a brief landscape, growth trends, key evolving themes, and the potential growth outlook through FY30.
[ Nasscom > Full report here:
3. How Consumer Goods Companies Can Future-Proof Their Business With Web3
New technologies will transform the ways that consumer goods (CG) companies interact with consumers. This report in particular explores how web3, a decentralized approach to the Web, offers CG companies in the GCC a chance to update their business and operating models to serve consumers better, improve productivity, and future-proof their organizations.
[ PwC > Full report here:
4. Asia Pacific Private Equity Report 2023
After a turbulent 2022, where Asia-Pacific deal value, exit value, and fund-raising all plunged, the macroeconomic landscape remains unstable, and higher inflation and weaker growth are likely to have a strong impact on investment choices and portfolio performance in the coming year. This report explores the current scenario and how PE funds are exploring cost management and efficiency in their portfolio companies.
[ Bain & Co. > Full report here:
Every article here has had 100s of hours of effort that have gone into making this relevant, insightful and concise. Due credit and thanks to all these professionals and organizations who toiled to put together these insights, of such high quality, for the use of businesses across the world.