The fortnight thus far
Issue #80 | Reports & resources we loved in the last 15 days.
June 06, 2022
2 x Things that will affect you
1. Rising cost of goods, and services affecting purchasing decisions in India
2. ONDC begins onboarding banks and their customers to unhinge the Amazon-Walmart chokehold on Indian Ecom.
[ Business Standard > Read: India lines up banks for e-commerce effort to take on Amazon, Walmart | Business Standard News (business-standard.com) ]
4 x 1-min perspectives to consider
1. Zoom’s adoption might be growing, but a frenzy is coming to an end in the stock market.
2. How Airbnb founders prioritised “Unscalable activities” and didn’t just send emails.
3. How Hubspot flipped marketing over its head and created a market that didn’t exist.
4. How this business is bringing back the human touch in this digital age.
4 x Reports you need to read
1. Racing towards the Next Wave of Retail in India
India’s retail industry will continue to grow at 9-10% CAGR to reach ~$2 Tn by 2032. Average household income is expected to increase by 40% in 2030. What’s imperative for Indian retailers to stay ahead of the curve?
[ BCG > Full report here:
2. Fighting Food Waste
20-30% of food is lost or wasted before reaching the consumer. By 2050, a circular economy for food could deliver up to $2.7 Tn per annum of benefits. Can a circular economy tackle the global issue of food waste and loss?
[ KPMG > Full report here:
3. Can the Automotive Industry Scale Fast Enough
The rapidly increasing uptake of EVs is transforming the automotive industry. The global demand for EVs will grow 6x from 2021 through 2030, with annual sales going from 6.5 Mn to 40 Mn. What’s the next act of this industry?
[ McKinsey & Co. > Full report here:
4. The Hardware Paradox: Machinery must Expand beyond Machines
Global M&A Deals for hardware companies dropped by 12% from 2011-20. Given that hardware’s share of the company’s value creation is significantly shrinking, what models must machinery companies adopt to stay relevant?
[ Bain & Co. > Full report here:
Every article here has had 100s of hours of effort that have gone into making this relevant, insightful and concise. Due credit and thanks to all these professionals and organizations who toiled to put together these insights, of such high quality, for the use of businesses across the world.