The fortnight thus far
Issue #79 | Reports & resources we loved in the last 15 days.
May 16, 2022
2 x Things that will affect you
1. Gig worker crunch hits food startups
2. Rupee hits all-time low and it may impact your spending habits
[ Business Today > Read: Rupee hits all-time low; here’s how it may impact your life - BusinessToday ]
4 x 1-min perspectives to consider
1. Is a circular economy for food waste just a concept on paper?
2. Is freedom of speech just a cover-up?
3. How Tesla’s unique product strategy created long term value.
4. Why marketers should consider ‘connecting over communicating’?
4 x Reports you need to read
1. Q1’22 Venture Pulse Report – Global Trends
Globally, in Q1’22 VC backed companies raised $144.8 Bn. VC investment in Asia drops to $32.6 Bn while exit activity remains relatively robust with $80 Bn in value. Delve into VC funding traction in Q1.
[ KPMG > Full report here:
2. E-commerce and Consumer Internet Sector - India Trendbook
India’s consumer digital economy is expected to touch $800 Bn by 2030. Data traffic in India has shown 60x growth in the last 5 years, the highest globally. Get a sectoral view of the unique opportunities each sector has to offer.
[ EY > Full report here:
3. Health Tech Industry Accounting Guide
Health Tech VC funding grew at an unprecedented rate, reaching $29.1 Bn in 2021. With the shift in interest towards new business models, here’s a guide for accounting professionals to navigate key issues facing Health Tech.
[ Deloitte > Full report here:
4. Creating Value through Sustainability in Private Markets
More than 70 new climate funds were launched between 2019-2021, most focused on financing climate-related technologies, not decarbonizing heavy emitting assets. How can PE firms capture value through sustainability?
[ WEF x BCG > Full report here:
Every article here has had 100s of hours of effort that have gone into making this relevant, insightful and concise. Due credit and thanks to all these professionals and organizations who toiled to put together these insights, of such high quality, for the use of businesses across the world.